ARE WE A MATCH?
What excites you? A passion for biodiversity and conservation? A passion for visual media and wildlife photography? A passion for local and global community service? A passion for non-profit service? A passion for leadership and volunteerism?
What excites us? (Our Mission): To achieve conservation by bringing together an international network of citizen scientists and photographers to gather and share data and images of overlooked species in underserved places.
Board Headquarters: Tucson, Arizona, USA
Locations We Serve: United States, Ecuador, Vietnam, Mexico, and the Caribbean
STOP RIGHT THERE!
APPLY TO JOIN OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS!
The Biodiversity Group is currently seeking candidates to join our Board of Directors. If "what excites you" matches "what excites us", we would love to hear from you. We are a passionate and multi-talented group of dedicated volunteers seeking to expand our capacity and abilities. To that end, we are soliciting highly reliable people living in or near Tucson, AZ with diverse life experiences who would like to join the board of an established nonprofit with global scope and impact and to gather forces with a fun bunch of people!
Board Responsibilities. Prospective members can expect a fast-paced, hands-on experience. Board members serve two-year terms, participate on committees, provide a flexible annual financial contribution of personal significance, and are centrally involved in organizational fundraising. Opportunities for greater leadership and experience - through the roles of President, Treasurer and Secretary - are open to any Board member. Current Board members average 10 hours per month of service to The Biodiversity Group and we meet in person 6 times per year, with additional committee meetings approxiately once per month.
Minimum Qualifications. Strong applicants should be able to persuade, facilitate and build consensus among diverse individuals and stakeholders. Specific qualifications we’re looking for are:
- Commitment to fundraising for the organization via any of the following: individual solicitations, corporate gifts and sponsorships, underwriting, donations of goods, grant writing, and new ideas
- Demonstrated leadership experience in business, government, philanthropy or the nonprofit sectors; previous board experience is highly desired
- Passion for biodiversity and the value of visual media in conservation
- Strong interpersonal skills, tact, integrity and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships
- Willingness to understand and empathize with different cultures
- A highly accountable professional attitude
You can lend your expertise to make our vision a reality:
"A global citizenry that is informed and impassioned to protect wild places and things."
Desired Skills & Experience. Ideal board candidates will bring a collection of skills, experience, and expertise from the public, private, and/or non-profit sectors, which may include:
- Accountancy & Financial Management
- Business & Corporate Leadership
- Development of Donors/Sponsors
- Marketing (web/email/print/publicity/press)
- Travel, residence, work experience or ancestry in Ecuador, Vietnam or Mexico
- Video & Documentary Production & Distribution
How to Apply
Please send an email with CV or resume to: BoardSearch@biodiversitygroup.org and describe: Your specific motivation for seeking a position on our Board of Directors
- Your previous service with other non-profits or NGOs
- The relevant skills you would bring to The Biodiversity Group
For any inquiries, please contact Kerrell McNeal, President of the Board of Directors at The Biodiversity Group
Via phone (619) 990-4172 or BoardSearch@BiodiversityGroup.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Grant Writing / Research
- Financial Service Assistance
- Donor Management
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- About 12 hours/month