Patient Data Coordinators help our clinic with vital behind-the-scenes tasks related to providing seamless referral experiences and ensuring quality of care. This role develops experience in case management and health care administration, and provides exposure to clinical settings.
Patient Data Coordinators primary tasks include the following:
- Review charts and notes from most recent clinic session to ensure all required information is correctly entered
- Call healthcare providers to schedule referral appointments for patients
- Call pharmacies to resolve problems with prescriptions
Patient Data Coordinators will also help with
- Transcribing doctor's notes from patient charts into electronic record system
- Update organization of patient charts to reflect current charting procedures (changing tabs, updating patient ID numbers, etc.)
- Filing patient charts in proper place
- If volunteers speak Spanish, they may also answer patient calls and make reminder calls to patients.
Volunteers in this role must have conversational fluency in English. Conversational ability in Spanish is also preferred, but not required.
The best times for volunteers in this role are Tuesday and Thursday mornings, but any time during normal business hours (Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm) will generally work. Please let us know if there is a time that works better for you.
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Case Work / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hours per week
- Excellent attention to detail; conversational in English; some Spanish beneficial but not required