36 people are interested
9/11 Memorial & Museum: Summer Retail Greeter Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: NATIONAL SEPTEMBER 11 MEMORIAL & MUSEUM
Please visit the new page to apply.
36 people are interested
The 9/11 Memorial Museum Retail Greeter assists by providing an informative, meaningful and quality visitor experience. We are looking for help for over our Summer season. The Retail Greeter will welcome and greet visitors into the store and provide visitors with accurate and helpful information that positively enhances their visit. Greeters are based at the Museum store and the outdoor Retail Information carts.
- Assist in welcoming and providing a memorable experience for visitors to the 9/11 Memorial Museum store and the outdoor Retail Information carts.
- Provide information regarding products and their connection to the Memorial.
- Manage crowd control procedures inside Museum store.
- Assist with stocking the store
- Accurately answer visitor questions, concerns and complaints promptly and efficiently utilizing information provided by the 9/11 Memorial during training.
- Report any visitor concerns to supervisors quickly and efficiently and help provide solutions.
- Direct visitors to information desk and bathrooms at the Memorial & Museum.
- Provide Memorial & Museum visitors with accurate background information about 9/11, the Memorial and the World Trade Center, as provided by the 9/11 Memorial during training.
- Adhere to all Memorial & Museum policies, procedures, systems and standards, including health and safety procedures and excellent customer service standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- We recommend two four-hour shifts every week for the summer. We are flexible with actual start and finish dates, 2-3 months.
- Shift Times are as follows: 11am-3pm, 3pm-7pm.
- Provide communication via email at least 24 hours in advanced if unable to attend a shift.
- We request that you not to miss more than two shifts in the summer and we ask you make up any missed shifts within 2 weeks.
- Wear Volunteer uniform (a vest and ID) which will be provided by the 9/11 Memorial.
- Adhere to all Memorial & Museum policies, procedures, systems and standards, including health and safety procedures excellent customer service standards.
- Attend a virtual interview.
- Personable and polite, comfortable and friendly interacting with the public.
- Outgoing, comfortable approaching people.
- Ability to commit to the attendance guidelines.
- Ability to interact well with a wide range of people and personalities of all levels within and outside the 9/11 Memorial & Museum.
- Able to stand on their feet for the shift.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Volunteers report directly to the Retail Supervisory team
- You will need to be available to attend virtual trainings in early Summer (dates to be confirmed).
- Background reading training and on-site specific retail training.
- This is a volunteer position. No academic credit or compensation is available.
- All candidates be over 16 and submit to and pass a background check.
- The work environment is largely indoors but may also require assisting on outdoor Retail Information carts in all weathers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described in this job description are representative of those that the volunteer will encounter and are expected to meet to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply:
- Visit 911memorial.org/volunteer and complete an application form
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum at the World Trade Center Foundation, Inc. is committed to workforce diversity. EEO.
About NATIONAL SEPTEMBER 11 MEMORIAL & MUSEUM
180 Greenwich Street, New York, NY 10007, US
Remember and honor the thousands of innocent men, women, and children murdered by terrorists in the horrific attacks of February 26, 1993 and September 11, 2001.
The 9/11 Memorial is located at the site of the former World Trade Center complex in lower Manhattan, and occupies approximately half of the 16-acre site. The 9/11 Memorial features two enormous waterfalls and reflecting pools, each about an acre in size, set within the footprints of the Twin Towers.
The National September 11 Memorial Museum is the country’s principal institution concerned with exploring the implications of the events of 9/11, documenting the impact of those events and exploring 9/11’s continuing significance. Located at the bedrock/foundation level of the Twin Towers, the Museum is a moving tribute to the events of September 11 th .
9/11 Memorial & Museum180 Greenwich StreetNew York, NY 10007
December 16, 2022
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Two 4-hour shifts (8 hours total) per week, 2-3 months
- Apply online at: https://www.911memorial.org/support/volunteer