All of us have jobs, family obligations, and hobbies, so don’t be scared off by the title. We’re flexible and realistic when it comes to Board obligations.
Our independent nonprofit is served by an all-volunteer Board. We’re looking for professionals with strong leadership and an appreciation for our mission (getting the community active and mingling!)
We're a startup nonprofit. The Execuitive Director is searching for a permanent Chairperson and additoinal Honorary Board Members (advisers/no-voting powers) to serve on the Board.
If you’re interested in learning more about us, we have a social meeting once a month at O'Sullivans Sports Bar in Newark. Come out and meet us!
You'll be working with a stellar group of board members, and can learn more about us here: http://newarkparks.org/our-team/.
Believe me, if you're in it for the long-haul, your impact will be noticeable because this town is small. You'll be glad that you reached out to us, and we'll be thrilled that you did.
- Public Speaking
- Community Outreach
- Business Development
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6 hours/month
- Board Meeting: 6:30pm-7:30pm, every 3 months; Social Meetings: once per month
- Family Bike Ride Leader
- Newsletter Writer
- Graphic Artist
- Landscape/Nature Photographer
- Communications Director
- Community Outreach Coordinator...
- Web Developer
- Gardeners/Landscapers for Native...
- Grant Writer/Proposal Writer
- California Attorney for...
- Bike Skills (Pump Track)...
- Executive Director
- Pedestrian & Bicycle Advocate
- Volunteer Coordinator/Events...
- Development Director for...
- Board of Director: For Nonprofit...
- Writers/Journalists for Parks &...