Volunteers assist with the following:
assist with quick cleanup after concert.
The program details are below. Concert is metro friendly. The nearest station is Tenleytown on the red line. There is a free parking behind the church.
We would ask volunteers to be in business attire.
Sunday, April 24, 2016 National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC
- Dietrich Buxtehude (ca.1637-1707): Magnificat in D, BuxWV Anh. 1
- Johann Friedrich Fasch (1688-1758): Magnificat in G
- Georg Philipp Telemann (1681-1767): Magnificat in C, TVW 9:17
- J.S. Bach (1685-1750): Magnificat in D, BWV 243
One of the most ancient hymns of the church, the Magnificat or Canticle of Mary has captured the imagination of great composers since medieval times. In our final concert we present Bach’s festive setting of this text, composed during his first season in Leipzig, alongside three other superb settings by his contemporaries.
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
- Arts Administration
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Approximately 5 hours
- Ability to stand and walk, would ask that volunteers be in business attire