Anoka CAN volunteer driver
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereMultiple locations throughout Anoka CountyBlaine, MN 55434
Anoka CAN Deliver is a program serving Anoka county that is equal parts food delivery and social interaction. Volunteers deliver groceries from local food shelves to homebound seniors as well as develop thoughtful and lasting relationships. Volunteers also help fill out a grocery order form for the following month and socialize with homebound senior citizens, providing human interaction to a part of the population that is all too often relegated to the fringes of society.
The following is required to volunteer:
A valid driver’s license and car with proof of insurance
Deliver during the 1st or 3rd Monday of each month (dependant on which food shelf you choose)
Commit to 4/5 months of delivery service (This is to build relationships with clients)
Able to lift around 30 pounds (average weight of food box)
Pass a background check
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Commit to 4/5 months of delivery service
- Market Shopper Helper
- Meals for Minds - Evergreen...
- Food Shelf Sorter - Blaine...
- Meals for Minds - Garden City...
- Food Market Sorter
- Turning Leaf Thrift Store
- Meals On Wheels: Kitchen Assistant
- Meals for Minds - Zanewood...
- Family Service Assistant
- Anoka CAN volunteer driver
- Drivers for Meals on Wheels