The position will organize the pantry at the Next Steps Family Program office, including unpacking any boxes of donations received. The position will drive the FACETS’ van from the Next Steps Family Program office to the FACETS’ Main Office in Fairfax to bring back any needed supplies.
* Ensure all non-perishable food, hygiene products, and household donations that enter the Next Steps Family Program office are sorted and placed in proper location.
* Assist with transporting donations from various storage units and the FACETS’ Main Office to the Next Steps Family Program office pantry.
* Assist in providing organizational techniques to make the pantry functional.
* Update expiration dates on all non-perishable food and dispose of any expired food items.
* Ensure Program Director of Family Housing Stabilization is aware of items that need to be restocked.
* Ensure the pantry is clean.
* Fill up the FACETS’ van with gas when necessary.
Volunteer must be available Wednesdays from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and a 4+ month commitment desired.
- Bus/Van Driving
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a week for 4 months or more
- (Ongoing) Female Models Needed -...
- Ongoing- Front Desk Volunteers...
- Volunteer Photographer
- (Inactive) Lead an exercise...
- (Ongoing) Volunteer Drivers...
- Ongoing - Computer Lab Volunteers
- (Ongoing) Help children in...
- Case Management Intern
- (Ongoing) ESL Instructor Volunteer
- (Inactive) Pantry Volunteer at...
- (Ongoing) ECD Volunteer Tutors
- (Ongoing) Be an inspiring mentor!
- (Ongoing- Van Maintenance...
- Volunteer Services Internship
- (Ongoing) Front Desk Volunteer...
- (Ongoing) Male Models Needed!...
- (Ongoing) Community Development...
- (Inactive) Summer Intern -...
- (Ongoing) Be a Reading group...