The position will organize the pantry at the Next Steps Family Program office, including unpacking any boxes of donations received. The position will drive the FACETS’ van from the Next Steps Family Program office to the FACETS’ Main Office in Fairfax to bring back any needed supplies.
* Ensure all non-perishable food, hygiene products, and household donations that enter the Next Steps Family Program office are sorted and placed in proper location.
* Assist with transporting donations from various storage units and the FACETS’ Main Office to the Next Steps Family Program office pantry.
* Assist in providing organizational techniques to make the pantry functional.
* Update expiration dates on all non-perishable food and dispose of any expired food items.
* Ensure Program Director of Family Housing Stabilization is aware of items that need to be restocked.
* Ensure the pantry is clean.
* Fill up the FACETS’ van with gas when necessary.
Volunteer must be available Wednesdays from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and a 4+ month commitment desired.
- Bus/Van Driving
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a week for 4 months or more
- Boys or Girls Club Volunteer
- Front Desk Volunteers (Fairfax)
- Volunteer Photographer
- Hypothermia Shelter Volunteers
- Translation Services Volunteer
- Lead an exercise group for women...
- Zumba Instructor
- Help children in Centreville,...
- Holiday Children's Gift Exchange...
- ESL Instructor Volunteer
- Pantry Volunteer at Family Program
- Tutor a child in Math, Science,...
- Have you had your Wheaties...
- Make a difference in the lives...
- Be an inspiring mentor!
- Van Maintenance Volunteers
- Volunteer Services Internship
- Front Desk Volunteer - Alexandria
- Drivers Needed to transport...
- The Technologically savvy are...