Publicity Committee Member:
Time Commitment: One 60 minute meeting per month (March-October), plus 1-5 hours of volunteering a month.
Positions Responsibilities:We are looking for volunteers who have one or more of the skills below.
- Develop, communicate, and implement strategies to increase awareness about Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and inspire community members to support it and/or get involved.
- Become familiar with resources/tools to promote and market the event (e.g., posters, flyers, brochures, postcards, news releases, public service announcements, social media posts, newsletter content, etc.). Develop a collateral distribution plan to roll out post Kick Off.
- Identify media outlets and other organizations with a broad reach. For example:
Community newspaper, radio, and television organizations
Communications staff for large employers
Content editors for organizations with regular newsletter publications
- Seek permission to hang posters and distribute flyers, POP stands, and brochures at local businesses, hospitals, cancer treatment centers, libraries, schools, etc.
- Distribute news releases, letters to the editor, community calendar updates, and public service announcements to newspaper, radio, and television media outlets.
- Post on social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Coordinate bag stuffing for the kick off event
Recruit local businesses to be MSABC collateral distribution points
Coordinate delivery of collateral materials to the chosen collateral distribution points
Maintain contact with the collateral distribution points to ensure adequate supplies
Work with your subcommittee to distribute collateral materials county wide
Assist with team recruitment by utilizing your personal sphere of influence as well as the network you encounter through your committee position.
What is Making Strides Against Breast Cancer?
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walks are the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the nation, uniting nearly 300 communities with a shared determination to finish the fight against breast cancer. Passionate walk participants raise critical funds that enable the American Cancer Society to fund groundbreaking breast cancer research; provide free, comprehensive information and support to those touched by breast cancer; and help people take steps to reduce their breast cancer risk or find it early when it is most treatable.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Office Volunteer (Front Desk)
- American Cancer Society, Relay...
- Volunteer Recruitment Chair-...
- Event Leadership American Cancer...
- Making Strides Against Breast...
- Entertainment Committee Member-...
- Team Retention- Making Strides...
- Logistics Committee Member-...
- Food & Beverage Committee-...
- Survivorship Chair- Making...
- Road to Recovery Volunteer Driver
- Team Recruitment- Making Strides...
- Fernandina Beach -- Event...
- Publicity Committee Member-...
- Riverside- Relay For Life...