POSITION DESCRIPTION Court Room Volunteer
OBJECTIVE: To screen potential clients, report client progress, and assist the court with clients referred to OAR.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Court Programs Manager
TIME COMMITMENT: At least one day per week for three hours (9am - 12noon).BASELINE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum age of 18
- Non‑judgmental attitude toward offenders and their families
- No substance abuse issues within the last 2 years
- Incurred no arrests, convictions, incarceration probation or parole within the past 2 years
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, with diverse populations
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and ability to react appropriately when unforeseen events occur
- Appear in court to screen potential clients, provide instruction, and resolve a range of client questions and concerns about the alternative-sentencing program.
- Report client progress and address any questions the court may have with cases referred to OAR.
- Ensure the delivery of record checks for community services clients.
- Maintain relationships with judges, Commonwealth District Attorneys, defense attorneys, ASAP staff and court programs staff in an effort to ensure that eligible candidates have an opportunity to enroll in the program.
TRAINING: Complete the 8 week Court Programs Training
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours (9-12) on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday
- all materials will be provided