Location: Ontario, Inland Empire Field Office
Salary: Unpaid, college credit
Term: 8 weeks, depending on start date.
Hours: preferred 5 - 15 hours per week (1-2 days a week)
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a non-profit health organization that addresses the challenges of people living with MS. The Society helps individuals affected by MS by funding cutting-edge research, driving change through advocacy, facilitating professional education, and providing programs and services that help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.
The Southern California & Nevada Chapter is looking for an outgoing, passionate individual who is interested in Special Events planning and/or working for a non-profit. This is a fast-paced, fun job that is perfect for someone who has excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
The Special Events Volunteer reports directly to the Community Development Coordinator. She/he is responsible for assisting with the planning of MuckFest and Challenge Walk.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Event support leading up to and on the day of the event(s).
* Recruit volunteers and assist with the communication and coordination of all details for event volunteers.
* Maintain organized spreadsheet and calendar detailing what vendors/organizations have been contacted, their status, etc.
* Contact potential vendors for in-kind donations (free goods and services).
* Other administrative duties as assigned.
* Answer questions from fundraisers and clients regarding walks.
If you’re interested in this position please email cover letter and resume to Kayla.Peters@nmss.org.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-15 hours a week (one to two days a week)
- college age candidates only, course credit is available if student desires