Peninsula Volunteers, Inc. (PVI) Meals on Wheels contracts with Aging and Adult Services (AAS) of San Mateo County to provide home delivered meals to clients that meet Older Americans Act (OAA) nutrition guidelines. The clients who receive meals as part of the county program must be contacted at least 4 times per year. This is accomplished with alternating in-home and phone assessments.
- changes in the client’s health
- living situation
- activities of daily living (ADL’s)
- instrumental activities of daily living (IADL’S)
The purpose of the visit is to see if the client still qualifies for the program (and most do). The phone assessment covers basically the information.
Volunteer internship hours:
Days and hours are flexible. Volunteer is needed between the hours 10:00am and 3pm, one day a week and available for 2-3 hours. Use of personal cell phone may be required.
If you are interested please contact me as soon as possible so we can start the process. Again, thank you for your interest.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- once a month
- usage of personal cell phone
- Lunch Servers needed at Little...
- Senior Companion
- Rosener House Current Events...
- Bingo Assistant
- Tech Tutor
- Meals on Wheels Driver for San...
- Community Service Desk
- Phone Assessment
- In-Home Assessment Support
- Cribbage Game Leader
- Current Events Moderator
- Bingo Caller
- Bible Study Leader
- Meals on Wheels Food Packers
- Afternoon Front Desk at Little...
- Volunteers for Little House...
- Room Set Up