Get a dose of fresh air by doing Trail Patrol!
5 people are interested
Kentwood Trail Patrol VIP's are wanted. This is a great way to stay active, enjoy the outdoors, learn about the community and provide valuable service which helps inscrease the effectiveness of the Kentwood Police Department! Trail Patrol monitors are responsible for a variety of things, including, but not limited to:
- Monitor trails
- Report any problems
- Trail maintenance or ordiance violations
- Must be 55+ years of age
- Willing & able to commit to minmum of 3 hours per wk
- Good mobility
- Maintain an accurate log of trail monitoring and turn it in on regular basis
- Excellent community relations skills
- Willing & able to work with other volunteers & staff
- Successfully complete training and attend all required trainings
- Pass all background checks, screenings, application and any other requirements
About RSVP OF KENT COUNTY
678 Front Ave NW, Ste 205, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, US
Connecting seniors to meaningful volunteer opportunities which utilize their experience and skills at non-profit organizations that impact the essential needs of Kent County residents.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) provides opportunities for people 55 and over to make a difference in their community through volunteer service. RSVP volunteers contribute anywhere from a few to over forty hours a week, serving through schools, day care centers, police departments, hospitals and other nonprofit and public organizations to help meet critical community needs. RSVP offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers. RSVP matches the personal interests and skills of older Americans with opportunities to help solve community problems and offers supplemental insurance while on duty, pre-service orientation, and on-the-job training from the agency or organization where volunteers are placed.
We'll work with your schedule.
4742 Walma Ave SEKentwood, MI 49512
November 18, 2019
- People Skills
- Outdoor Recreation
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Law Enforcement
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3 hours/wk
- Must pass all required screening & checks, can not have any felonies or misdemeanors