Community Road Patrol Volunteers do many things to assist the Kentwood Police Department in keeping the community safe and secure. Kentwood VIP's are able to learn more about law enforcement, the community, provide valuable service within the community which helps increase the effectiveness of the Kentwood Police Department. All VIPs work in pairs.
Things Kentwood VIP's are involved with, but not limited to are:
- Conduct vacation house checks
- Report city code violations
- Enforce violations of handicap/fire lane parking and other parking laws not being followed
- Be an extra set of eyes/ears for community relations
- Conduct site inspections
- Maintain excellent community relations
- Must be 55+ years or older
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attend all required trainings
- Wear uniform (provided by KPD) during volunteer shift
- Drive a city vehicle
- Pass all requireed background checks, applications, screenings required by KPD and have good mobility
- Have a vaild MI State Driver's License w/ a clean driving record
- Able to commit to minimum of 3 hours per week
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Law Enforcement
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3 hours/wk
- No driving voilations or criminal history
- Read to Succeed!
- Assisting in 62B District Court!
- Senior VIP's In Action!
- Library Art Atendant
- Excellent Shopping Experience!
- Brighten A Shopper's Day!
- Healthy Meals to those in need!
- Community Road Patrol - VIP
- Become a Grambassador for the...
- Get a dose of fresh air by doing...
- Help others get to where they...
- Active Volunteering!
- Make a Difference to a Child...