Available Volunteer Opportunity:
Duration: Weekday and weekend hours are available. Volunteers are asked to serve 1-2 hours per month, for six months or more.
Depending on your role, your tasks may include:
* Helping with small maintenance projects that contribute to the upkeep of a transitional living home for teen mothers and their children.
* Helping with small maintenance projects that contribute to the upkeep of a transitional living home for men (painting, electrical, carpentry and lawn maintenance assistance all helpful)
Impact: By serving with this volunteer opportunity, you will help meet basic needs of people in the Greater Hartford community. Your contribution will help to work towards increasing the impact of basic needs provision through an environment that fosters a culture of respect and dignity, and helps people gain stability in their lives.
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* 18 years or older
* Experienced with home repair
* Willing to use your own tools
* Patient, reliable and honest
* Responsible, organized and dependable
* Willing to complete necessary paperwork
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Dietician/Nutritionist Needed!
- Are You Handy? Housing...
- Prayer Volunteers Needed!
- Tutor and Mentor Students In...
- Help Clothe People in Need!
- Spanish Translators Needed!
- Do You Have a Heart to Serve?...
- Greet Youth & Provide...
- Help Provide a Warm Meal to...
- Serve Families in Need! Mobile...
- Got Musical Talent? Help Provide...
- Food Pantry Shopping Assistants...
- Volunteer at an After-School...
- Are you able to lift up to 50lb...
- Be a Children's Sunday School...
- Breakfast Coordinators Needed!
- Help Sort Donations & Stock...
- Direct Care Assistants Needed...
- Food Pantry Greeters Needed!
- Food Donation Pick-Up...