Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Available Volunteer Opportunity:
East Hartford and Hartford
Duration: Wednesday, 9:45am-12:15pm, 12:30pm-2:00pm, Thursday mornings, Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings.
Depending on your role, your tasks may include:
* Greeting community members at the food pantry
* Assisting Spanish speaking community members by verbally translating food pantry intake forms and other necessary information
Impact: By serving with this volunteer opportunity, you will help meet basic needs of people in the Greater Hartford community. Your contribution will help to work towards increasing the impact of basic needs provision through an environment that fosters a culture of respect and dignity, and helps people gain stability in their lives.
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* 18 or older
* Willing to attend volunteer orientation prior to serving
* Open to an ongoing commitment that works with your schedule
* Someone who enjoys interacting with others
* Patient and honest
* Able to speak English and Spanish fluently
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Dietician/Nutritionist Needed!
- Are You Handy? Housing...
- Prayer Volunteers Needed!
- Tutor and Mentor Students In...
- Help Clothe People in Need!
- Spanish Translators Needed!
- Greet Youth & Provide...
- Help Provide a Warm Meal to...
- Serve Families in Need! Mobile...
- Got Musical Talent? Help Provide...
- Food Pantry Shopping Assistants...
- Volunteer at an After-School...
- Are you able to lift up to 50lb...
- Be a Children's Sunday School...
- Food Loaders Needed!
- Do You Enjoy Children at Play?...
- Help Sort Donations & Stock...
- Direct Care Assistants Needed...
- Food Pantry Greeters Needed!
- Food Donation Pick-Up...