Through dedication and hard work, our members (those experiencing homelessness) earn the opportunity to create a new road for themselves. Running leads to personal transformation and dedication to the program leads to access to training, employment and housing resources. Through community and corporate support, the program strives to change the perception of homelessness.
The Carmel Marathon will take place on Saturday, March 31 in Carmel, Indiana. The race offers a full marathon, half marathon, 8k and 5k races; we have members participating in all four races! The Carmel Marathon is an important milestone for our members. It allows them to achieve incredible, personal goals that were once thought to be impossible. But their participation relies on our ability to recruit water station volunteers. When you volunteer, Back on My Feet will receive free race bibs for our members.
Back on My Feet has three water stations to fill along the various race courses; those are:
- Water Station A, morning shift, 15 - 20 volunteers
- Water Station H, shifts vary throughout the day, 40 - 50 volunteers
- 8K Water Station, morning shift, 15 - 20 volunteers
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Shift times vary between 6:30 AM and 2:30 PM
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.