Spring Elmwood Park Zoo Marketing Internship
21 people are interested
Individuals will gain hands-on experience in promotions, branding, corporate partnership, sponsorship, community relations, non-profit development, promotion and preparation of events, and data entry and analysis. Interns will interact directly with zoo customers to create awareness of zoo programs. They will also assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of promotional strategies. Interns receive exposure to all of the department’s functions and responsibilities.
Primary responsibilities may include:
- Assist Marketing Staff with managing social media outlets and website content
- Help with the Adopt an Animal Zooparent Program
- Creative-writing focused projects and emails
- 18+ years old
- Creative Writing background strongly preferred
- Marketing, Communications, or related area of study
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficient knowledge Microsoft Office Suite
- Reliable Transportation
- Familiarity with a variety of social networking mediums
Apply by visiting zoovolunteer.com
About Elmwood Park Zoo
1661 Harding Blvd., Norristown, PA 19401, US
To foster an appreciation of wildlife and their habitats that will inspire active participation in conservation.
Elmwood Park Zoo was established in 1924 when a local farmer transferred 16 acres and a small menagerie to the Borough of Norristown. Today, the Zoo is owned and operated by the Norristown Zoological Society, a non-profit organization whose mission is to foster an appreciation of wildlife and their habitat that will inspire active participation in conservation. Under the Society’s careful management, Elmwood Park Zoo has attained the elite status as one of only 225 institutions accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
1661 Harding Blvd.Norristown, PA 19401
- Social Media / Blogging
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Graphic Design / Print
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Dependent on needs of the department and intern
- Writing Prompt: No more than 500 words creative letter from perspective of an animal with facts. Find this on the application at Zoovolunteer.com !