Community Volunteer Leaders Needed in Fairfax!
13 people are interested
Community Volunteer Leader - Fairfax
Under the direction of the Executive Director in a given geography, this important leadership volunteer will be a point of contact for the community to connect with the American Red Cross in one or more of the following ways:
1. VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT: Help recruit a volunteer workforce that is both inclusive and represents the demographics of the community. As an advocate, represent the Red Cross volunteer needs within the community.
2. RED CROSS PRESENCE & CONNECTIVITY: As a credible leader in the community, help represent the community needs and opportunities back to Red Cross Regional Leadership. Utilizes established communication channels to communicate community needs and stay current on Red Cross programs and messaging. To help build / regain presence, serve as the face of Red Cross at
local community events.
3. RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Cultivate, manage and steward external partner relationships to help create and maintain connections within defined community, managing a portfolio of key stakeholders. Portfolio of relationships within assigned geography will include one or more of the following: elected officials, key government agencies, community groups, faith-based; colleges/universities, civic, NGOs/NPOs, military organizations.
4. MISSION DELIVERY SUPPORT UNDER THE DIRECTION OF REGIONAL LEADERSHIP: Promote and facilitate opportunities across all relevant lines of service within assigned geography. Leverage social capital and relationships to expand local Red Cross mission in support of regional goals and objectives.
OPEN TIME DAYS
Ten to twenty hours a month
Orientation to the American Red Cross
Red Cross Social Media Basics (as needed)
Annual Training Day hosted by the Region (as scheduled)
We'll work with your schedule.
8550 Arlington BlvdFairfax, VA 22031
- Public Relations
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- People 55+
- Flexible - prefer one year renewable