Please note that this opportunity will lead into a paid position based upon success of grant funding. Aside from that bonuses will be issued with every grant received due to your efforts.
Javon Jarrell Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and home of The Youth Campaign. We are currently seeking an awesome grant writer to develop grant proposals (research, write and prepare) for our organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, write and submit compelling letters of inquiry as well as grant proposals to foundations, corporations and government entities.
- Work with our foundation team as needed to develop project descriptions, timelines, evaluation plans and budgets.
- Prepare and submit reports/updates to funders in a timely fashion.
- Support research of new funding prospects.
- Maintain up to date online and physical files of all grant related content as well as correspondence.
- Attend meetings related to grants and fund development.
- Participate in staff trainings and attend special events.
- Conduct other duties related to successful grants and fund development.
Qualities and Skills:
- Successful candidates will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Ideal candidates will demonstrate excellent grant writing, analytical and research skills.
- Grant Writers must be self motivated, detail oriented and highly organized.
- The ability to manage multiple projects, take initiative and work independently is essential.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) is desireable.
- Grant writing experience is not needed but preferred.
Please provide writing samples and a brief introduction of who you are, your grant writing process, successful grants you have writing as well as any affiliations you may have (AAGP or AFP).
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION AT: http://www.JJarrellFoundation.org
- Cost Analysis
- Financial Service Assistance
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Time commitment is determined per project.
- Writing Sample