Reach Youth Global feeds the Houston homeless at Loaves and Fishes Soup Kitchen downtown every second Saturday of the month from 6:30-8:30 am; typically serving 250-300 guests.
Afterwards we meet up at Cafe Express to socialize with other great people passionate about helping out in the community through this outreach and numerous other events we schedule throughout the year to help those in need.
1) Volunteers to: Cook and Serve breakfast, Invite the homeless to the soup kitchen, Pray over our guests, Smile and greet them, Sort out donations
2) Donors for: Food, Drinks and Plates/Cups/Silverware, Clothing (especially for men), Blankets, Toiletries
3) Your smile!
(If you cannot donate, it's alright, please still come and help serve.)
FOOD DONATIONS NEEDED: (Must be there by 6:30am).
Most of these items can be purchased at Sam’s - see the link provided; though they can be found at other stores. This is the amount necessary to feed our guests.
12 boxes of 24 pre cooked sausages $96 (Sams or Walmart $7 - $8 each) http://www.samsclub.com/.../jimmy-dean-premium-sau.../166951.ip....
* 4 - 64/oz bottles of Syrups $15 -
* 3 - 10lbs pancake mix $21 -
* 1 - 48oz Coffee $11 - http://www.samsclub.com/.../folgers-classic-roast-.../183038.ip...
* 2 - 5lbs box Oatmeal $12ea - http://www.samsclub.com/.../quaker-oats-quick.../prod6780236.ip...
* 300 bowls (500 divided trays)
* 300 plates (500 divided trays)
* 300 spoons & forks
* 300 Styrofoam cups
* 300 napkins
* 15 - 1 gallon Orange Juice
* Powder Coffee Creamer
* 1 pound of Brown sugar for oatmeal
* White sugar
* 200 Bananas
* 10 loaves of bread
* 1 Large Tub of butter
If you plan to donate, please text Lyndsey at 936-662-7247 to ensure we don't double up!
Let's show Houston that individuals like us can really make a difference in someone’s day even if it is just with a smile for those less fortunate!
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 6:30-7:30 cooking; 7:30-8:30 serving; music 2 hr