On Tuesdays, our members go out to lunch at different restaurants within the Greater Rochester Area and we are looking for volunteers that can assist our staff in getting our members to go on outings. The type of help needed is assisting members in and out of the restaurants by holding doors, pushing wheelchairs, reading the menus, help order while at the restaurant, and joining in on conversation. All meals are provided by the Friendly Home. We have the volunteers meet at The friendly Home at 10;15 AM and the usual return time is between 1-2PM. For each outing, volunteers assit the several staff members; and meals and transportation is provided by the Friendly Home.
- Reading Comprehension
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- The time commitment is four hours on day of outing
- Church Service Volunteer
- Art Assistant
- Tuesday Evening Volunteer
- Friday Gift Shop Volunteer 2-4 pm
- Bingo Assistant- Provide...
- Visitor-To meet and establish a...
- Friendly Shop/Cafe Volunteer...
- Neighborhood Friend-Spanish...
- Recreation Assistant- Volunteers...
- Gift Shop/Cafe Help Weekends...
- Tuesday Lunch Outing Volunteers
- Therapy Dog Visits
- Friday Afternoon Gift Shop 2-4
- Italian Speaking Volunteer...
- Neighborhood Companion
- Monthly visitor to help write...
- Weekend Gift Shop/Cafe Volunteer
- Scrabble Player