As a hospice volunteer you will be given choices as to how much and what types of things you want to do. Some examples of typical hospice volunteer duties are:
* Listening to a patient’s concerns.
* Being a comforting and supportive presence.
* Engaging in the patient’s hobbies, for example, playing a board game or discussing current events.
* Telling other hospice staff the needs of the hospice patient and family.
* Running errands or doing light housekeeping for the patient and family.
* Encouraging the patient to tell their life story.
* Transporting a patient to physician visits or shopping.
* Providing assistance with personal care such as bathing or transferring from a chair to bed, if the volunteer has been properly trained to do so.
* Providing time for the caregiver to take care of her/his self.
Hospice training provided. This opportunity is for one patient who lives in Frisco and needs 4-12 hours of help each week.
We do have other volunteer opportunities for hospice in Wylie, Dallas, Bedford, North Richland Hills, and Denton.
- Patient Care
- People Skills
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-12 hours per week