Emergency Disaster Services Volunteer
Purpose: Serve citizens as first responders. Volunteers serve at a variety of events from real disasters to exercise and community events. The Salvation Army EDS offers quality food and hydration to those impacted by disaster through their mobile kitchens (canteens) which are capable of producing 2,000 meals a day.
Key Responsibilities: Volunteers can provide food and hydration and/or spiritual/emotional care to victims of disaster. Volunteers do a variety of tasks and duties such as: drive, cook, serve, make phone calls, stock canteens and warehouse, and clean and detail equipment.
Length of Appointment and Time Commitment: Ongoing; volunteers are placed in "On-Call" status and will receive EDS notifications
Qualifications: Volunteers are background checked and required to attend orientation and EDS specific training; In order to stay qualified, volunteers must participate in at least 2 exercises/real world events annuallySupport Provided: Training will be provided. The Director of Volunteer Services and EDS Director will be available on an ongoing basis to answer questions and provide other assistance as needed.
- Disaster Response
- Food & Beverage Services
- Spiritual Healing
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As needed and 2 events (exercise/real world/year)
- If Driver, required to submit Motor Vehicle Check, copy of drivers license, and online drivers train
- Help with Red Shield Community...
- Aurora Corps Food Bank
- Volunteer Teacher or Vocational...
- Volunteer for Disaster Relief...
- Christmas Intake volunteers...
- The Salvation Army - Angel Tree...
- Youth Music Instructors Wanted!!!
- Call Center Volunteer
- The Salvation Army...
- Citadel After School Program
- Housing First Mentor
- The Salvation Army Holiday...