Special Smiles (Dental) Volunteer
WhenSat Mar 24, 2018, 07:30 AM - 02:00 PM
WhereJesuit High School4701 N Himes AveTampa, FL 33614
What we do: Help us provide dental screenings to our Special Olympics athletes: children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Events occur year-round throughout the Tampa Bay area.
Who we need: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants and Students, trained on-site to provide all-day screening exams.
Benefits of Helping Special Olympics Florida Special Smiles
- Feeling good about helping an athlete overcome the fear of visiting an oral health professional
- Seeing athletes go home with a free toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and gum.
- Enjoying the camaraderie of working together with a group of your fellow professionals
- Having the ability of increasing the number of patients in your practice: your practice will grow once word gets around that you work with persons with intellectual disabilities
- Receive free CEU’s with AGD or for hours volunteered at Games depending on your agency, school or professional organization
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training