FUNfitness Clinical Director
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where5420 W Cypress StreetTampa, FL 33607
What we do: FUNfitness is designed to assess and improve flexibility, functional strength and balance. Athletes rotate through assessment stations and are given a consultation with a physical therapist who designs an exercise program for home use. The program is marked in the Athlete Scorecard Booklet so coaches and family members can assist with the home program and improve athletes’ performance.
Who we need:
Day of Screeners
Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Students, trained on-site to provide all-day screening exams.
Area Clinical Directors
* Attend a two-day train-the-trainer event
* Supervise the venue
* Oversee 1-2 events annually
Benefits of Helping Special Olympics Florida Healthy Community FUNfitness
- Feeling good about helping those who cannot afford service or who did not know help was available to them
- Experiencing the joy of seeing athletes go home with a book of exercises they can do at home to help build strength, balance, and flexibility
- Enjoying the camaraderie of working together with a group of your fellow professionals
- Having the ability of increasing the number of patients in your practice: your practice will grow once word gets around that you work with persons with intellectual disabilities
- What You May Not Know: You can receive a certificate of hours donated by you that you may be able to use for CEU’s within your professional organization or employer.
- Physical Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training