Join the Sexual Assault Resposne Team of Ocean County, New Jersey. At this time we are mid-training. We are always accepting applications for futrue traingings. Next Training date is to be determined.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE A RESIDENT OF OCEAN COUNTY, NEW JERSEY. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609-494-1554 to be sent an application.
Confidential Sexual Violence Advocate (CSVA) role will be:
- Complete 40 hr training to be a CSVA
- One year commitment to the program
- Pick-up at least 3 on-call shifts a month
- Provide crisis intervention with survivors of recent sexual assaults on accompaniments,
- Be available to respond to Ocean County Hospitals (Southern Ocean Medical Center, Community Medical Center, Mommouth Medical Center Southern Campus, Ocean Medical Hospital), Ocean County Police Department, and/or the Prosecutor’s Office, at any hour of the day or night.
- CSVA's provide emotional support, information and referrals to survivors and loved ones of recent sexual assaults through the 24-hour hotline or in-person accompaniments.
- CSVA's provide information on follow-up counseling and advocacy services available through Ocean County and St. Francis Community Center's Counseling Department.
Applicants must feel confident in providing direct assistance to victims, to listen to victims’ needs and then connect them with appropriate resources, including medical care, mental health care, legal and emotional support. CSVAs work with victims to help them make informed choices and then support them every step of the way. Mature adults with related work or life experience will be considered. Bi-Lingual advocates are needed.
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training