Fit Feet (Podiatry) Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where5420 W Cypress StreetTampa, FL 33607
What we do: Help us provide podiatry screenings to our Special Olympics athletes: children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Events occur year-round throughout the Tampa Bay area.
Who we need: Podiatrists or podiatry assistants and students, nurses, trained on-site to provide screening exams.
Benefits of Helping Special Olympics Florida Healthy Community Fit Feet:
- Feeling good about helping those who cannot afford service or who did not know help was available to them
- Experiencing the joy of seeing athletes walk pain free or with improved gait because of the insoles they have been given
- Enjoying the camaraderie of working together with a group of your fellow professionals
- Having the ability of increasing the number of patients in your practice: your practice will grow once word gets around that you work with persons with intellectual disabilities
- Patient Care
- Children Medical Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- Zumba or Yoga Instructor
- Medfest (Sports Physicals)...
- Special Smiles (Dental) Volunteer
- Strong Minds (Psychology)...
- Health Promotion Volunteer
- Fit Feet (Podiatry) Volunteer
- Healthy Hearing (Audiology)...
- Opening Eyes (Optometry) Volunteer
- FUNfitness (Physical Therapy)...
- Podiatry Screenings for Special...