Fit Feet Volunteer Clinical Director
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where5420 W Cypress StreetTampa, FL 33607
What we do: After visiting the Fit Feet evaluation stations athletes receive a report card and instructions on general foot care, skin care, and nail care based on their assessment results. We provide each athlete with foot lotion or foot powder for at home care if need. In addition, athletes may receive a pair of insoles. If athletes need extended treatment we refer them to local podiatrists who have agreed to see athletes with Intellectual Disabilities as patients.
Who we need:
Day of Screeners
Podiatrists or podiatry assistants and students, trained on-site to provide screening exams.
Area Clinical Directors
* Licensed professional Podiatrist
* Attend a two-day, train-the-trainer workshop and practical experience at a Special Olympics Florida competition
* Oversee 1-2 events annually
Benefits of Helping Special Olympics Florida Healthy Community Fit Feet:
- Feeling good about helping those who cannot afford service or who did not know help was available to them
- Experiencing the joy of seeing athletes walk pain free or with improved gait because of the insoles they have been given
- Enjoying the camaraderie of working together with a group of your fellow professionals
- Having the ability of increasing the number of patients in your practice: your practice will grow once word gets around that you work with persons with intellectual disabilities
- Patient Care
- Children Medical Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training