Healthy Hearing (Audiology) Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where5420 W Cypress StreetTampa, FL 33607
What we do: Help us provide hearing screenings to our Special Olympics athletes: children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Events occur year-round throughout the Tampa Bay area.
Who we need: Audiologists, Speech Language Pathologists and students, trained on-site to provide screenings.
Benefits of Helping Special Olympics Florida Healthy Community Healthy Hearing:
- Feeling good about helping those who cannot afford serviceor who did not know help was available to them
- Experiencing the joy of seeing athletes know if they have been diagnosed with hearing loss that help is available to them and they will be able to receive a free hearing aid from Special Olympics.
- Enjoying the camaraderie of working togetherwith a group of your fellow professionals
- Having the ability of increasing the number of patients in your practice: your practice will grow once word gets around that you work with persons with intellectual disabilities
- You can earn credit for hours volunteering if your school, agency, or professional organization requires it.
- Elder care
- Children Medical Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- Zumba or Yoga Instructor
- Medfest (Sports Physicals)...
- Special Smiles (Dental) Volunteer
- Strong Minds (Psychology)...
- Health Promotion Volunteer
- Fit Feet (Podiatry) Volunteer
- Healthy Hearing (Audiology)...
- Opening Eyes (Optometry) Volunteer
- FUNfitness (Physical Therapy)...
- Podiatry Screenings for Special...