Healthy Hearing (Audiology) Volunteer
25 people are interested
What we do: Help us provide hearing screenings to our Special Olympics athletes: children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Events occur year-round throughout the Tampa Bay area.
Who we need: Audiologists, Speech Language Pathologists and students, trained on-site to provide screenings.
Benefits of Helping Special Olympics Florida Healthy Community Healthy Hearing:
- Feeling good about helping those who cannot afford serviceor who did not know help was available to them
- Experiencing the joy of seeing athletes know if they have been diagnosed with hearing loss that help is available to them and they will be able to receive a free hearing aid from Special Olympics.
- Enjoying the camaraderie of working togetherwith a group of your fellow professionals
- Having the ability of increasing the number of patients in your practice: your practice will grow once word gets around that you work with persons with intellectual disabilities
- You can earn credit for hours volunteering if your school, agency, or professional organization requires it.
We'll work with your schedule.
5420 W Cypress StreetTampa, FL 33607
- Elder care
- Children Medical Services
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training