Position Title : Young Friends Member
Overview of the position: The Young Friends (YF) of the Center for Hearing & Speech is a group of professionals who build awareness for the Center, an organization that delivers high quality speech therapy and audiology services to everyone, regardless of an individual's ability to pay. It's a big job, and that's why this group is here to help. Through community involvement, social events and public education, the Young Friends work to support the mission of the Center while uniting talented, charitable and hard-working young professionals around a critical mission:Empowering individuals in the St. Louis community to join the conversation through high quality speech therapy and audiology care.
- Serve on one of the four committees: Event Planning; Fundraising; Marketing & Outreach; and Recruitment.
- Create Center awareness.
- Introduce new friends to the Center and identify ways to reach and recruit new supporters.
- Attend the Young Friends meetings and special events.
- Help with fundraising for the Center.
Time commitment: Members are expected to attend all meetings. There are three formal meetings held throughout the year, in additional to an Annual Retreat. Members should attend as many YF social and special events as possible.
*Age requirements: Must be 21 to 39 years of age.
*Skills/education/experience: A commitment to the Center’s mission; a young professional with a charitable spirit looking to grow and develop in your career.
*Training and screening required: No training required.
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- "Impact the Conversation" in the St. Louis community
- Collaborate with the most talented professionals in St. Louis
- Expand your professional network
- Establish lasting friendships
- Enjoy fun social events
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Members are expected to attend all meetings. There
- Age requirements: Must be 21 to 39 years of age.