Court Responsibilities (6-8 hrs/week):
- Directly assist clients in civil and criminal domestic violence court by providing:
- Crisis intervention, active listening, and emotional support to individuals and families.
- Advocacy for clients working with other community partners.
- Community resources and referrals to address client’s needs.
- Assistance with filling out domestic violence protection orders.
- Keep accurate and appropriate documentation on client services; conduct outreach and follow up.
- Meet clients at court to assist with filing of domestic violence protection orders.
In Office Responsibilities (10-12 hrs/week):
- Assist clients filling out domestic violence protection orders.
- Maintain domestic violence protection order guide books and procedures.
- Assist Director of Court Advocacy with civil and criminal court docket preparation.
- Pre and post court follow up with clients.
- Inform clients about and assist clients with victims’ compensation application process.
- Conduct quality review of court notes for documentation and reporting purposes.
- Review and revise the court advocacy training manual.
- Create memoranda for domestic violence related legislative updates for staff and volunteers.
- Attend Orange County Domestic Violence Task Force meetings.
- Assist with creation of agendas and minutes for Orange County DVTF meetings.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Attend in-service trainings to present legislative updates.
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
- Law Enforcement
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 16-20 hrs/week