Volunteering for the Sleeping Bear Dunes 50th Anniversary 2020 Planning Team
8 people are interested
The National Park Service's (NPS) centennial year is here, and we want to encourage everyone to take part in the celebration! We invite people of all ages to find their park and discover the national parks in their community through volunteerism. Registered volunteers who contribute 201.6 hours of service between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016 can earn a Centennial Volunteer Challenge Coin!
How it Works:
* Recipient(s) must be registered national park volunteers (youth, adults, groups).
* Centennial Volunteer Challenge Coins are issued for hours served between January
1, 2016 and December 31, 2016.
* Awards are issued for volunteer services only.
* Court-ordered community service does not qualify.
* Volunteers must track their own hours and provide dates, hours served, and a brief description of the service provided.
* Service must be approved and verified by the park or program volunteer manager/coordinator.
* Awards are issued by regional and national volunteer managers.
* Only hours served during the 12-month period of the centennial year will count towards the award.
* A custom-made, antique bronze coin, featuring a raised image of the NPS volunteer logo on one side and the 2016 NPS centennial logo on the opposite side.
* In addition to the coin, recipients will receive a congratulatory letter from the Director of the National Park Service.
POC : Historical Architect, Kimberly Mann 231-326-4551 or VIP Coordinator, Matt Mohrman 231-326-9061
About Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
9922 Front Street, Empire, MI 49630, US
Leave resources unimpaired for future generations.
National Park located in northern Michigan.
We'll work with your schedule.
9922 Front StreetEmpire, MI 49630
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Event Management
- People 55+
- Depends of project
- Enthusiasm and positive appreciation for the task assigned.