Personal Shopper (Minneapolis or Maplewood)
DONATE TO THIS
23 people are interested
Do you want to make a direct change in your community today? Volunteer at Harriet's Closet and help community members build confidence by helping them find the perfect outfit.
Harriet’s Closet is an invaluable Tubman resource: a curated selection of clothing for teens and adults of all genders, it offers a personal shopping experience for community members and Tubman clients at no cost to them. Personal Shoppers work one-on-one with individuals who come into the Closet as they shop for and select casual and business-professional attire.
Impact & Benefits
- Make a difference in someone’s life by offering clients a fun, high quality shopping experience while providing them with needed clothes and accessories
- Gain experience providing direct service and support to individuals seeking assistance
- Follow agency guidelines as you interact with and guide clients in selecting clothing and accessories for job interviews, court appearances, and everyday life
- Offer clients community resources and referrals as needed
- Sort and organize donated clothing
- Communicate and collaborate within your team to provide coordinated services to clients
- Attend Tubman’s five-part Volunteer/Intern Orientation and Training
This is a weekday, daytime opportunity at our Minneapolis and Maplewood locations! Commit to one four-hour shift per week for a minimum of six months, preferred.
Interested in getting involved? Volunteers can work a regular shift or be an on-call substitute!
To get started visit our website and fill out our volunteer application so we can get to know you! https://tubman.org/give-help/volunteerintern/volunteerintern-application.html
3111 First Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55408, US
Thriving people, healthy relationships, peaceful communities.
For more than 40 years, Tubman has helped women, men, children and families struggling with relationship violence, substance abuse, mental health, and other forms of trauma. Throughout the Twin Cities, Tubman provides safe shelter, legal services, counseling, elder care resources, youth programming, and community education.
Tubman is the state's largest provider of domestic violence services, with more than 20 percent of all Minnesota shelter beds for adults and children experiencing family violence.
Each year, we help about 25,000 people in Hennepin, Ramsey, and Washington counties and the surrounding area get the support and information they need to experience safety, hope, and healing.
We'll work with your schedule.
3111 First Avenue SouthMinneapolis, MN 55408
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training