Personal Shopper (Minneapolis or Maplewood)
DONATE TO THIS
23 people are interested
Do you want to make a direct change in your community today? Volunteer at Harriet's Closet and help community members build confidence by helping them find the perfect outfit.
Harriet’s Closet is an invaluable Tubman resource: a curated selection of clothing for teens and adults of all genders, it offers a personal shopping experience for community members and Tubman clients at no cost to them. Personal Shoppers work one-on-one with individuals who come into the Closet as they shop for and select casual and business-professional attire.
Impact & Benefits
- Make a difference in someone’s life by offering clients a fun, high quality shopping experience while providing them with needed clothes and accessories
- Gain experience providing direct service and support to individuals seeking assistance
- Follow agency guidelines as you interact with and guide clients in selecting clothing and accessories for job interviews, court appearances, and everyday life
- Offer clients community resources and referrals as needed
- Sort and organize donated clothing
- Communicate and collaborate within your team to provide coordinated services to clients
- Attend Tubman’s Volunteer/Intern Orientation and Training series
This is a weekday, daytime opportunity at our Minneapolis and Maplewood locations! Commit to one four-hour shift per week for a minimum of six months, preferred.
Interested in getting involved? Volunteers can work a regular shift or be an on-call substitute!
To get started visit our website and fill out our volunteer application so we can get to know you! https://tubman.org/give-help/volunteerintern/volunteerintern-application.html
3111 First Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55408, US
To advance opportunities for change so that every person can experience safety, hope, and healing.
Each year Tubman helps nearly 25,000 people of all ages, genders, and cultural backgrounds who are facing relationship violence, sexual assault, exploitation, homelessness, addiction, mental health challenges, or other forms of trauma. We provide safe shelter, legal services, mental and chemical health counseling, youth programs and community education.
We'll work with your schedule.
3111 First Avenue SouthMinneapolis, MN 55408
March 25, 2020
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training