Do you have a great sense of style? Come help others as a personal shopper!
Harriet’s Closet is an invaluable Tubman resource: a curated selection of clothing for teens and adults of all genders, it offers a personal shopping experience for community members and Tubman clients at no cost to them. Personal Shoppers work one-on-one with individuals who come into the Closet as they shop for and select casual and business-professional attire.
Impact & Benefits
- Make a difference in someone’s life by offering clients a fun, high quality shopping experience while providing them with needed clothes and accessories
- Gain experience providing direct service and support to individuals seeking assistance
- Follow agency guidelines as you interact with and guide clients in selecting clothing and accessories for job interviews, court appearances, and everyday life
- Offer clients community resources and referrals as needed
- Sort and organize donated clothing
- Communicate and collaborate within your team to provide coordinated services to clients
This is a weekday, daytime opportunity at our Minneapolis and Maplewood locations!
Interested in getting involved? Volunteers can work a regular shift or be an on-call substitute!
To get started visit our website and fill out our volunteer application so we can get to know you! http://www.tubman.org/get-involved/volunteer.html
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One four-hour shift per week for a minimum of six
- Personal Shopper (Minneapolis or...
- Career Specialist Volunteer
- Child Care Assistant...
- Adult & Family Advocate - Serve...
- Pet Therapy Partners - Volunteer
- Movement for Violence Prevention...
- Legal Counseling Advocate...
- Support Group Facilitator -...
- Computer Resource Assistant...
- Community Partner Coordinator...
- Resource Counseling Advocate -...