The St. Anthony's Free Clothing Program is San Francisco's largest clothing program, serving up to 150 men, women and children per day. It it our mission to provide homeless and low-income San Franciscans with not only high quality and hygienic clothing, but also with a positive and dignified shopping experience.
In order to give out enough warm, clean clothing, we need volunteers who can can sort and hang clothing donations, or assist guests directly by finding the clothing items they need from 8-9am any day Monday through Friday.
- Assist with the processing of donations per FCP guidelines and standards.
- Prepare clothing racks for display in our free clothing store.
- Communicate with guests to understand their needs and help find the clothing they are looking for.
- Retrieve clothing and other requested items from the back of house donations for our guests.
- Organize free clothing store by picking up fallen clothes, collecting empty hangers, and tidying shopping space.
- Ability to be professional, polite, and tactful with our guests and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to successfully volunteer with a diverse client population including people who are homeless and/or low-income, and people with physical and/or mental health disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent volunteer habits: professional, punctual, reliable, cooperative and team oriented.
- Ability to lift 10 lbs.
- Commitment to St. Anthony Foundation Statement of Values.
Please note that this opportunity is for individual volunteers only. If you would like to organize a group volunteer event, please email GroupVolunteer@stanthonysf.org. Thanks!
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-2 hours per week
- Must be 15 or older