Yard Clean-up Assistance
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
22 people are interested
- This is an excellent opportunity for groups, and families.
- Project/Opportunity Name: Planting Independence One Yard at a Time
- Date, Saturday April 18, 2020. Time, 8-noon Duration, 4 hours
- Location TBA, traveling to individuals homes in the greater Kansas City area, including the counties of Clay, Platte, Jackson, Johnson and Wyandotte.
Brief Project Summary: A need exists for many with disabilities to have assistance with both spring yard clean up. Physical limitations prevent individuals with disabilities from maintaining their yards. By volunteering, you can help prevent fines to individuals with limited incomes, assisting them to remain more independent. The Whole Person believes in the value of allowing individuals to remain in their communities of choice and the homes they have created.
Volunteers are needed to perform low to moderate activities, including mowing, raking, weeding, cutting tree limbs, and planting. Additional information can be found on our website www.thewholeperson.org or by reaching us at this email. firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Whole Person
3710 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64111, US
The Whole Person connects people with disabilities to the resources they need by supporting independent choice and advocating for positive change in the community.
- Promotes full accessibility for persons with disabilities to live in the community.
- Helps populations who are underserved. i.e veterans, mental illness, and LGBT
- Provides needed but underfunded opportunities for persons with disabilities to remain independent and in their own homes.
- Helps people avoid nursing home placement.
- Helps people with disabilities leave nursing homes and return to the community.
- Finds sustainable employment for persons with disability, essential in breaking the cycle of poverty.
- Provides ASL instructions to children’s families who have any language delay disability such as autism or deafness
Homes Around the KC AreaKansas City, MO 64111
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 10
- 4 hours
- Volunteers are also requested to provide necessary tools if possible. Such as rakes, lawn mowers, loppers, gloves.