The purpose of the Director of Community Engagement & Volunteer Services position is to build, maintain, and manage external relationships with individuals, businesses, organizations and groups in our community that will help Kindah Foundation grow its volunteer base, brand, network, and in-kind support for the organization . The Director of Community Engagement will manage public media platforms (website, email, social media, print ). They will also plan and execute grassroots fundraising campaigns to build and maintain connections with individual supporters.
Report to: President/Executive Director
Function: Oversee, coordinate and advance community engagement activities.
- Engages the community in Annual Teal 5K Run/Fun Walk(tm) for GYN Cancer and Annual Teal Affair Symposium participation and support - (event committee, teams, team members, sponsors and survivor/caregiver)
- Attend community meetings on behalf of KF to hear community concerns, provide information about community engagement, and advocate for participation;
- Procure promotional materials [displays, t-shirts, door prizes, raffle, novelties]
- Report on project/program activity and measure successes;
- Develop and implement a volunteer engagement strategy and plan;
- Serve as point of contact for all volunteer requests;
- Develop and coordinate volunteer activities on high schools and university campus matching requests with KF needs to ensure efficient use of volunteers;
- Identify community outreach opportunities such as health fairs, festivals, local markets and organizations;
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition program, project and special events;
- Use technology to manage electronic communications (Salesforce CRM);
- Ensure volunteers are staffed to support each event;
- Maintain volunteer job descriptions for each volunteer assignment;
- Responsible for effectively and efficiently completing activities and meeting target deadlines in order to execute successful events.
- Leverages opportunities to engage constituents from corporate, distinguished partners and activities in events through event sponsorship, partnership, and participation.
- Producing quarterly community newsletter and other materials as required;
- Collaborates with President/ Executive Director to determine applicable issues, strategically align community engagement goals with other organizational initiatives, community engagement, and fundraising goals;
- Manage public media platforms (website, email, social media, print).
- Identify individuals and businesses to solicit for media and monetary sponsorships.
- Communicates efforts and results with the Board.
- Maintain current contacts for the past, current and potential sponsors.
- Work with Special Events Director/ Board to select, order and purchase all event souvenirs. (Also determines methods of distribution and/or sales methods).
- Supervision and management of all volunteer at special events.
- Work with Director of Marketing & Communications to designs and places all media advertising, including flyers, signage, posters and advertisements (paid and free.)
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports related to program/project activities and volunteer participation quarterly.
- Work Public Relations and sends follow-up press releases after each complete events.
- Send thank you notice/letter via (Salesforce CRM) to participating volunteers and partners after each event.
- Recruit additional committees to help assist you as needed.
- Donate or help raise, outside of this position, $500 annually.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing interest in the position and attaching a resume. Review of applicants will begin on Monday, January 17, 2017, but the position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, faxes, or mailed applications please.
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2017 - 2018