Paw Prints in the Sand Animal Rescue (PPITS) places the utmost importance in the proper placement of our rescue pets and management of our adoption partners to ensure alignment with the goals of our organization. We are seeking a highly motivated and professional individual to join our dynamic team and assist Paw Prints in the Sand with its pet adoption efforts. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Scheduling and managing adoption events at our adoption partner locations,
- Oversee adoption inquiries and applications
- Schedule meet and greets with fosters and potential adopters and coordinate with the Foster Coordinator
- Oversee the completion of the adoption process in accordance with PPITS requirements
- Maintain Adoption Tracking Spreadsheets
- Communicate with the Foster Coordinator
- Work with Rescue Photographer to obtain photographs for pet profiles on online adoption sites
- Manage Adopter information and keep track of adoption applications
- Provide adopter data to marketing group
- Attend and assist with setup of adoption events
- Research adoption event opportunities
- Enter and maintain pet adoption profiles in our adoption search engines
- Prepare pet profile posters
- Update PPITS social media pages with pet profile posters
- Experience in personnel management.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe InDesign or Photoshop highly desired.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Commitment to cultural sensitivity and respect for difference
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission
- Have a reliable vehicle with room for a crate, current car insurance and a valid driver’s license. You also need to have an understanding of responsible and secure animal transport.
This is an ongoing opportunity. There are no set days or hours.
This is an unpaid internship or volunteer opportunity. Paw Prints in the Sand reimburses for rescue-related expenses and mileage according to the IRS Non-Profit Standard Mileage Rate.
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- 5 - 10 hours per week