The Bilingual (Spanish/English) Volunteer Receptionist will provide assistance, guidance, and support to students and parents in the Linkages to Learning program at Gaithersburg Elementary. Help create a safe and caring environment in this program that offers a continuum of mental health treatment services to children and their families directly in the school setting. We seek a volunteer willing to commit to at least three months of service for one-twoafternoons a week, but a longer length of service is encouraged at the discretion of the volunteer and his or her supervisor. Hours are 2:00-4:00pm. Mondays-Fridays.
To learn more about the Linkages to Learning program, watch this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO5Bw6JJM0M
- Help steer visitors to the appropriate offices
- Assist callers or take messages for staff
- Assist participants and volunteers with signing in and out
- Administrative Support
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours over one-two days per week
- Must speak Spanish,demonstrate flexibility, be willing to take on range of tasks, & be dependable.