The MoneyWork$ Program:
MoneyWork$ is an intensive six-month "financial makeover" program through which families gain a greater understanding of their current financial situation, improve their financial management practices and develop a personal roadmap to self-sufficiency. The program increases participants’ understanding of the US financial system and ultimately aims at helping them achieve the behavioral change they have determined is needed to get out of debt, retain more of their assets, and achieve their financial goals. Besides weekly class sessions, participants engage in support group meetings and receive one-on-one financial counseling. The program is provided in English and in Spanish.
Intern Job Description:
MoneyWork$ Volunteers have a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Assist staff in reaching out to the target communities with information about MoneyWork$. Help to create or modify printed and website materials. Attend outreach events with staff. Make follow-up telephone calls.
- Assist staff with curriculum adjustments or modifications.
- Assist staff in preparing for, then setting up for and carrying out evening classes.
- Take detailed notes at class sessions (taught in English) and type up those notes to provide to participants who missed the session.
- Review and evaluate participant homework assignments. Provide feedback and record scores.
- Maintain records of class and support group participation, coaching sessions, and participant milestones reached.
- Perform research as needed into topics such as new credit card legislation or retirement savings plans. Research best-practices for financial education and coaching.
- Take a primary role in planning and executing events including program graduation ceremony.
- Find sponsors/donations for food and refreshments during classes. Find sponsors prizes, and awards to give participants.
MoneyWork$ volunteers gain a real world understanding of personal finances, as they come to know our clients’ issues and difficulties as well as their successes. Because class sessions are taught by industry experts, volunteers (as well as staff) learn a great deal about the financial system. Interns also gain valuable writing, communication and Excel skills. They work in a busy, sometimes hectic environment and meet many other interesting interns and staff members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be fluent in english and spaniah
- Interest in personal financial education
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Must be available on Monday evenings from 5-9:30pm
* Requires minimum of 2 full days availability, Monday to Friday *
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Moneywork$ Volunteer- [Your name]" in the subject line.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Financial Planning
- Financial Service Assistance
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Min. 2 days a week, Mon. - Fri.