Looking to volunteer but don't have a lot of extra time? Would you like to have a chance to volunteer your time and services from the comfort of your own home? Heartland Hospice is currently seeking volunteers to make telephone calls to the bereaved families of our patients for a six-month check-in.*
This is a wonderful volunteer opportunity for seminary, counseling, or MSW students looking to gain experience in a related field. Free training is required!!
*This volunteer opportunity can also be in conjunction with our "friendly visitor" volunteer position which allows volunteers the opportunity to provide support and companionship for hospice patients.
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Social Work
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Hospice Friendly Visitor Volunteer
- Administrative Volunteer for...
- Friendly Visitor for Hospice...
- Nurses, Hospice Volunteering...
- Companionship Visitor - Hospice
- Memory Bear Sticher Volunteer
- 6-month Phone Calls To Bereaved...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteering
- Friendly Visitor for Hospice
- Patient Visitors or Special...
- Tuck-In Calls
- Calling all Nurses, Hospice...
- Pet Therapy Hospice Volunteers
- Memory Bear Sticher for Hospice
- Music Enrichment Volunteers