Have you been thinking about ways in which you can give back? Are you interested in helping others? Do you enjoy spending time with a variety of people? If you answered yes to any of these, the friendly visitor volunteer opportunity at Heartland Hospice may be a perfect fit for you! Volunteers help to provide companionship and support to hospice patients and their families. Friendly visitors help hospice patients by being a smiling face and provide someone at the end of their life with a friend. Visitors socialize with patient and can join them in fun activities WITHOUT giving on-hands care.
Free training is offered and local travel to hospice facilities and/or patient homes is required. You can set your own schedule and designate what geographic areas you are and are not willing to travel to. If you would like to volunteer, please contact us today - we would love to hear from you! Call Heartland Hospice at 724-744-1408
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- Veteran Care
- Elder care
- Social Work
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- flexible, you choose your own schedule
- Hospice Friendly Visitor Volunteer
- Administrative Volunteer for...
- Friendly Visitor for Hospice...
- Nurses, Hospice Volunteering...
- Companionship Visitor - Hospice
- Memory Bear Sticher Volunteer
- 6-month Phone Calls To Bereaved...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteering
- Friendly Visitor for Hospice
- Patient Visitors or Special...
- Calling all Nurses, Hospice...
- Pet Therapy Hospice Volunteers
- Memory Bear Sticher for Hospice
- Music Enrichment Volunteers