Have you been thinking about ways in which you can give back? Are you interested in helping others? Do you enjoy spending time with a variety of people? If you answered yes to any of these, the friendly visitor volunteer opportunity at Heartland Hospice may be a perfect fit for you! Volunteers help to provide companionship and support to hospice patients and their families. Friendly visitors help hospice patients by being a smiling face and provide someone at the end of their life with a friend. Visitors socialize with patient and can join them in fun activities WITHOUT giving on-hands care.
Free training is offered and local travel to hospice facilities and/or patient homes is required. You can set your own schedule and designate what geographic areas you are and are not willing to travel to. If you would like to volunteer, please contact us today - we would love to hear from you! Call 724-744-1408 and ask to speak with Christie.
**"The last good thing that may happen in a person's life is a hospice volunteer"**
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-month Phone calls to Bereaved...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer...
- Friendly Visitor - Hospice
- Hospice Friendly Visitor Volunteer
- Administrative Volunteer for...
- Friendly Visitor for Hospice...
- Hospice Photographer Volunteer
- Calling all Nurse's! Hospice...
- Memory Bear Sticher for Hospice
- Music Enrichment Volunteers
- Memory Bear Sticher Volunteer