Vision Mate volunteers assist CNIB clients with tasks that are difficult for them due to their vision loss. Activies such as reading mail, helping with reading labels and prices while grocery shopping and going for walks are all part of the vision mate program.
An ideal position for:
- College or university students
- Ppeople working full time
This position is flexible. You choose the days, times and area of the city. Matches are made around your schedule and preferences. Daytime, evening and weekend matches are possible.
What we need from you:
- 2 hours on a weekly or bi-weekly basis for each client match
- A desire to help someone who is blind or paritially sighted
- The ability to work one on one with individuals
- Strong communication skills
- 6 month minimum commitment
If you are an independent individual who is comfortable working without constant supervision and enjoys getting to know new poeple, contact us for an application.
- Reading Comprehension
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours weekly or bi-weekly; day & times flexible