What are Volunteer Welcome and Membership Assistants?
Volunteer Welcome and Membership Assistants are based at our two main receptions (Car Park and Church Lodge) and welcome our visitors in a friendly, informal manner while scanning membership cards, selling admission tickets and upselling National Trust Membership. Visitor Reception Volunteers live our 'Service Promise’ and do everything they can to ensure that all our visitors are encouraged to enjoy their day.
What’s in it for you?
Working within a beautiful property
Meet new people and be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Build on and/or utilise your customer service skills
Enjoy new experiences and learn something new every day
- A regular series of social events, lectures and organised outings
- The opportunity to make a real difference in the first impression and engagement of this magnificent property
- Providing a warm, friendly welcome (and goodbye) to all visitors as the public face of the place and the National Trust as a charity
- Developing a good knowledge of Petworth House and Park, its stories and what it is has to offer throughout that day, so that all visitors receive accurate and relevant information to enhance their visit
- Being confidant in handling cash using our till and PDQ card machine
- Playing your part in the promotion of membership to the National Trust
- Working as part of a team with our Visitor Reception Assistants across the two receptions.
- Recognising the specific needs of all our visitors, including by visiting segment (for example 'explorer families’ 'curious minds’) and by - for instance - their special access needs.
- Becoming familiar with and then following the National Trust’s Health and Safety Policy at all times
This role will suit people who... enjoy meeting new people, are friendly, confident and outgoing and like helping others.
Petworth House and Park
Once a fortnight, or more if you can.
Role available 11.00-15.00 7 days a week
- Full induction to Petworth House and Park will be carried out via our Team Induction Workshop.
- Role specific training
- National Trust Service Promise Workshop
Out-of-pocket travel costs between home and volunteering place will be paid up to a 40 mile round trip
About the National Trust
The National Trust is a charity that looks after special places - forever, for everyone. And we’re as much about people as the places in our care. We run a vast retail chain and a 151-strong outlet catering business. And because most of the work we do is affected by wider global issues, our interests extend far beyond just bricks, mortar and land in our care. We speak up on big issues affecting the coast, countryside and heritage. And all the while we’re welcoming around 19 million visitors a year.
About Petworth House and Park
Petworth House and Park has historically been described as 'a house of art’, it is overflowing with paintings and sculptures and offers an enticing glimpse of domestic life but that’s not all we have to offer. Outside there is 50 acres of Pleasure Grounds full of wildflowers and a 700 acre park where deer roam free. Our Park and Pleasure Grounds offer a unique opportunity for our visitors to immerse themselves in one of England’s most beautiful landscapes, which has inspired many, including artists for centuries.
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment