We're looking for STEM and STEAM enthusiasts who have the ability, fluidity, and patience to work with students in grades 4-8 with instruction on app development, website development, robotics, game development, science or engineering and design and maker space hacktivities.
You will be on the cutting edge of teaching STEM concepts, as less than 10% of New York City and Northern New Jersey public schools have a computer science curriculum, much less an engineering one! What's more, only 10% of US schools have a computer science curriculum.
You will utilize the existing creativity that already exists within the spirits of students, as well as their knack for apps, video games, tinkering, and making, and channel this energy into supporting them in learning skills that may lead to their becoming more interested in the wonderful world of STEM.
If you are into Scratch, Arduino, JAVA, or HTML, engineering, this is a PLUS. Come contribute your mastery to increase the interest in STEM or STEAM in our students in Hoboken New Jersey.
- Faith-based Leadership
- Teaching / Instruction
- System Engineering
- Computer Science
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 5 weeks minimum
- Come Teach Kids to Code!
- STEMpowerment For Young Women!
- Young Women and STEMpowerment!
- Calling Early Childhood Student...
- Bookkeeper Needed - New York City
- Seeking SKILLED Grant Writer
- Website Developer Welcomed With...
- Teach Kids How To Code
- Calling All Scientists! Join Our...
- Saturday TechFest & Hackathon...
- STEM and STEAM Enthusiasts &...
- STEM and STEAM Enthusiasts...