We don't have a shelter; all of our cats stay in loving foster homes in the San Francisco Bay Area. That's where YOU come in! We're always looking to expand our network of caring, capable families who have space in their homes and their hearts to take in a cat. We provide food, litter boxes, beds and advice, you provide the temporary home with love! Due to our limited resources, foster homes must be within 15 miles of Palo Alto, California.
Our adoption fair is at the California Avenue Farmers' Market every Sunday morning from 10am to 1pm. Stop by and visit us if you'd like to know more!
What you do:
- Provide a safe place for cats and kittens in your care.
- Give lots of love, affection and playtime.
- Continue kitten and cat socialization to ensure friendly, relaxed house pets.
- Keep kittens and cats indoors at all times
- Drop off foster kittens & cats at pre-scheduled adoption fairs; pick up at appointed time after fair is over.
- Allow occasional scheduled visits from potential adopters, with a CCR representative always in attendance.
What we do:
- Provide starter supplies of food and litter
- Provide litter box, cage (for very small kittens), bedding and toys on loan
- We are financially responsible for any veterinary expenses in the event of illness or injury
- Provide routine vet care, exams and vaccinations
- Support you every step of the way
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- 2 weeks to 4 months