Want to make a change in your community? Now is your chance! Be in touch ASAP to get enrolled in our next series of Domestic Violence Peer Counselor Trainings!
Our volunteers help our organization run - they staff our 24 hour Crisis Line, provide child care while parents are in support groups, make presentations in the community, and help with the day-to-day operations. Our philosophy is that volunteers are powerful agents of change from the community who are choosing to partner with us in order to break the multi-generational cycle of violence.
Every volunteer role in the agency requires training. Our training is divided into 3 Tiers so that you can take as much training as you want, for the volunteer role you want.
- Tier 1: Foundations of Family Violence and STAND! (10 hours)
- Tier 2: Community Ambassadors (10 hours)
- Tier 3: Peer Counselors (28 hours)
Each tier builds on the previous tier and opens the door for more volunteer opportunities. If you complete all three tiers, you can take on any volunteer role in the agency and will have completed the requirements of the California Domestic Violence Counselor training. For more information and training schedule, visit our website here (http://www.standffov.org/volunteer-training-info).
- Application submission: go here ( http://www.standffov.org/volunteer/) and submit a short application about yourself.
- Schedule an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Choose which tiers you want to complete!
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year commitment with 12 hours/month minimum