Description: Work with youth ages 5+ each week to perform 30-minute versions of a wide variety of scripts including adaptations of musicals and Shakespeare as well as literature-based classics like The Hobbit or Through the Looking Glass. We need interns who love kids and theatre.
Job Duties: Duties include assisting Teaching Artists in the creation of live theatre pieces; supervising, guiding and encouraging young performers; organizing scripts and attendance sheets; and the coordination of props and costumes. Interns will gain first-hand experience in bringing a script from page to stage with young performers including observing and collaborating with experienced teaching artists and leading games and exercises while also gaining classroom/rehearsal management skills.
- Volunteers must be able to work 8:30- 3:30 weekdays during the summer.
- Volunteers must have access to a car or be able to arrange transportation to camp sites.
- Volunteers must complete each camp they are assigned to in order to fulfill the volunteer requirements.
- All Volunteers must pass a background check, as required by the state of Washington.
- Stage Management
- Theater Arts
- Arts Administration
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Weekday for Summer 8:30 am - 3:30pm
- be able/willing to travel to different locations