Community Office Volunteers
Help out at your local American Cancer Society office
Our local office is open to the public and is the center for our support in communities nationwide. Activities conducted here include connecting local cancer patients with programs and services, planning and coordinating fundraising activities and events, and promoting the Society within the local community Society office.
* Opportunities take place during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, scheduled at a mutually agreeable time.
* Orientation training and onsite training are required and provided.
Volunteer Positions and Responsibilities
* Community Office Support Volunteers assist local American Cancer Society offices in a variety of ways, including helping with answering phones; taking messages and transferring calls; occasionally make calls; opening and sorting mail and faxes; organizing office spaces and files; greeting and assisting office visitors and volunteers; assist bookkeeper as needed; organizing materials and assembling packets; prepare mailings; folding and sorting T-shirts; helping cancer patients with wigs and head coverings; and helping with patient resource referral and navigation.
* Volunteers should be comfortable interacting with others and able to follow simple directions.
* A Volunteer Service Acknowledgment must be signed.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6 hours per week