Pittsburgh Planning Committee: Walk to End Alzheimer's
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1100 Liberty Ave. Suite E-201Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Over the past few years we have been working on creating a Walk to End Alzheimer's event that meets the needs of the Pittsburgh community. We struggle to recruit volunteers to make these events successful. Please consider donating your time to help us create a successful event that affects individuals in your local community.
We want to expand the committee to reach additional professionals who are looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity, because of a personal connection to or as an advocate for Alzheimer's disease. Planning committee subcommittees will increase in members and activities, to include additional awareness and marking activities, and the planning of events prior to the Walk date.
What We Ask of You:
- Join the planning committee and choose a subcommittee: Logistics, Sponsorship, Team Retention, Team Recruitment, or Mission.
- Receive training on the basics of Alzheimer's and other dementias, our Chapters services, and the Walk process.
- Attend committee meetings (one hour in length). Our meetings are held from March through November. The full committee will meet every other month with subcommittees meeting individually on an as needed basis.
- Join a Walk Team, start a Walk Team, and volunteer with us on Walk Day
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18