15-LOVE is seeking experienced members of the community to volunteer for our new Healthy Futures Program!
The program is held from roughly 5-6:30 on the 2nd and the 4th Friday of every month until school lets out. We are currently looking for volunteers to join during one program as a host.
A little info on the Healthy Futures Program:
This is a free program for children ages 6-12. It provides a comprehensive approach to education and healthy living. The goal of this progam is to motivate children to take an active role in their development by associating enjoyment with learning acitivities.
Some of the activities that we have planned include:
- Healthy Cooking Classes (held once per month)
- Health awareness (washing hands, eating well, ect.)
- Reading Games
- Math problem games
- Science experiements
- Physical activities (yoga, dancing, ect.)
- Problem solving & leadership workshops
- Trips to cultural & sporting events
If you feel that you have experience in any of the proposed activities listed above please contact me to discuss this opportunity further.
- Dance / Aerobics
- Theater Arts
- Visual Arts
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-1.5 hours + planning time
- Should have some experience in topic of choice