General Description: Health Center Voter Engagement Volunteers will participate in PPMNS’ nonpartisan voter engagement campaign, from educating visitors in our health centers about the upcoming election, to registering them to vote, to pledging and reminding them to vote. Our My Voice, My Vote MN campaign is unique among election-year campaigns in that we engage traditionally disenfranchised communities through our health care services and education programs. Volunteers will participate and lead volunteers in staffing our health centers, leading a National Voter Registration Day event, and following up with people who pledged to vote through Get Out The Vote (GOTV) activities.
- Engage visitors to our health centers in short, non-partisan conversations about the importance of voting in the upcoming election
- Register and pledge health center visitors to vote
- Be a friendly, welcoming, professional face of the clinic
- Participate in election related events, including:
- National Voter Registration Day outreach event
- Get Out the Vote (GOTV) efforts. In the days leading up to the election, we will lead a GOTV campaign consisting of phone banking to remind people to vote and to help them create a plan.
- Act as the face of our nonpartisan voter engagement campaign
- Meet voter pledge, outreach and volunteer engagement goals
- Other duties as assigned by Public Affairs Manager and Health Center Voter Engagement Intern
- Develop engagement and organizing skills through patient advocacy
- Develop understanding of and proficiency with operations of a nonprofit external affairs department
- Develop transferable skills for work in health care setting, political campaigns, issue advocacy and grassroots organizing
- Reliable transportation to health center
- Friendly and outgoing towards strangers
- Able to answer questions about Planned Parenthood and voting in a helpful, educated manner and redirect any questions volunteer doesn’t know answer to either to health center front desk, or to website
- Respectful of patient confidentiality
- Must successfully complete a criminal background investigation.
- Must submit updated record of immunizations and TB status prior to start date.
Hours:Minimum of 3 Hours/Week in the health center, in addition to participation in National Voter Registration Day and GOTV events (opportunity to volunteer more available and encouraged)
Must be available sometime when health center is open - visit www.ppmns.org for information about clinic hours by location.
Location: 671 Vandalia Street, St. Paul, MN 55114, or 1200 Lagoon Avenue, Minneapolis with possibility of activity in other Metro health centers
Supervision: Public Affairs Manager and Health Center Voter Engagement Intern
Contact: Volunteer Program at 612.821.6113 or email@example.com.
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum of 3 Hours/Week